Minister of Music and Worship
Yates Baptist Church
Yates Baptist Church in Durham, NC is seeking a skilled, energetic Christian woman or man as full-time Minister of Music and Worship. This person will provide leadership in our inclusive ministries for all ages. Yates has an average attendance of 225 in Sunday worship. Yates affiliates with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Southern Baptist Convention, and other Baptist bodies. Many members, children, and visitors participate in our graded choirs, orchestra, and handbell choir. The ideal candidate will:
- Model mature, Christian discipleship.
- Love the church, its people, and the Durham community
- Understand, appreciate, and uphold Baptist traditions and practices.
- Lead by inspiring church members and visitors to use their Spirit-given gifts in the worship of God through music and the arts.
- Plan for uplifting and creative worship experiences using a blended musical approach.
- Supervise and provide guidance to accompanists, orchestra members and choir leaders.
- Maintain approachability and flexibility.
- Collaborate with the ministerial staff and church leaders.
- Embrace the full range of ministerial responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of technology in worship and church ministry.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in music or related field.
Theological education required; Master of Divinity or equivalent preferred.
Conducting choral and instrumental groups, arranging choral and instrumental music, planning worship, leading a full range of church music programs, and providing a broad range of music offerings.
Please refer any questions to email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.