Yates Baptist Church is seeking a pianist for two Sunday morning services weekly (8:30 and 11:00) with the capacity to offer solo music, provide congregational and choir accompaniment and play in the worship orchestra. Additionally, this position requires being present for rehearsals by the choirs for children, youth and adults as well as the orchestra (Sunday evenings, Monday evenings and Wednesday nights). The position requires about 10 contact/performance hours a week and additional personal practice time as required for excellent participation and leadership. A qualified candidate will be an individual of proven Christian character, a gifted musician and skilled accompanist with the ability to play blended contemporary and traditional music styles with appropriate training or course work in music. A music degree is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Salary: $799.00 to $999.00 /month
- The church pianist position opens officially beginning May 7, but applications will be received until the position is filled.
- The music and worship ministry will be under interim leadership by a very experienced music and worship leader, but this position is not interim. It is intended to be an open-ended hire independent of the church’s search for the next music minister.
- Yates currently holds two Sunday morning services (8:30 & 11:00 a.m.). They are essentially duplicates in terms of content.
- Rehearsals are currently Sunday nights (approx 4-5 p.m.) for youth choir; Wednesday evening (approx. 6-9 p.m.) for children and adult choirs;; and Monday nights from 6:15-7:15 p.m. for the orchestra.
- Final compensation will be negotiated with the candidate; time off and vacation time will be arranged with the Minister of Music and Worship.
Click here to view a copy of the current job description in the Yates Personnel Handbook.
Thank you for your interest!