Yates and COVID-19
Worship in the Sanctuary
Beginning November 1, in-person worship in limited numbers resumes inside the Yates Baptist Church sanctuary. For a detailed explanation of these next steps, please read this blog post.
Seating assignments will be chosen by lottery after receiving feedback from the congregation. Make your desire for indoor worship seats known by contacting the church office by phone (919) 943-7930 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which Sundays over the next few weeks you would like consideration for worship. Scheduling seats for a given Sunday will be finalized by the Thursday afternoon prior.
Remember, you can always share in worship by viewing the Yates live stream at yateschurch.org/video-stream.
Watch this video to learn about out community precautions if you are scheduled to be a part of worship on a given Sunday:
Click here for a text version of what to expect on the Sundays you are scheduled to come into the sanctuary:
On the day of worship:
- Perform a quick self-assessment. If you feel unwell or are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID 19, please stay home watch the live stream and contact your healthcare provider. Any of the following COVID-19 symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure: congestion or runny nose; cough; fever or chills; headache; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; muscle pain; sore throat; new loss of taste or smell; fatigue; nausea or vomiting; or diarrhea. Also, please note that if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus or someone with a suspected or confirmed infection, you should self-quarantine until your healthcare provider advises you otherwise.
- The doors of the Welcome Center will open at 10:10 am. If you will attend, please arrive by around 10:15 so that our limited number of staff can help process you into the building and still begin worship on time.
- Park in the North parking lot (on the Cornwallis Road side) and enter through the Welcome Center. You might be asked to wait briefly outside if others are in the Welcome Center and occupancy in the Welcome Center is momentarily too high.
- Everyone is expected to wear a mask or face covering (without exception). Please wear you mask upon entry until departing the building. If you forget your own mask, the church will provide one for you to use (and keep!). In the Welcome Center, you will receive a temperature check a squirt of hand sanitizer and will be escorted to your seat. We will also note your attendance in case we need to assist in contact tracing at a later date.
- Some hard copies of the worship guide will be available, but will still encourage all participants to use their handheld devices to retrieve the worship guide during worship.
- Seating between households will be intentionally spaced to maximize the safe distances our sanctuary allows.
In the sanctuary, you will notice several things:
- Please remember to bring your personal Bible. Bibles and hymnals have been temporarily removed from the racks, because we will not be sharing or using them in the course of worship. This is – of course – temporary, but it remains a best practice to reduce contact points for community spread.
- Several rows in each section of pews roped off in order to leave separate space for choir members who will be rehearsing Sunday evenings.
- You are encouraged to speak and sing, but please recognize that we know this virus spread in part by exhaling airborne droplets. Bring your whole self, and a cheerful and enthusiastic spirit to worship, but please keep your voice and breath down.
- We encourage you to share your offering through the free Yates app or the Yates Giving Portal on the website. If you bring your offering with you, place your offering in the plate in the rear of the sanctuary. All offerings will be brought to the office lockbox for safe keeping at the conclusion of the service. As a reminder, if you have never used Yates’ online giving options before or aren’t sure how to set up, a video is accessible from the front page of the Yates website for some simple directions to start.
- Please make every effort to take care of any of your toileting needs before or after your visit, because we have no good way to sanitize small, enclosed spaces between uses. However, emergencies happen, and we will make arrangements for these and any other special needs which may arise.
- At the conclusion of worship, a staff member will escort you to the rear of the sanctuary and you will depart through the glass front doors.
- Though we are trying to limit the length of time our mass gatherings remain indoors, we encourage you to linger outdoors and connect and converse with your church family.
In addition to the yateschurch.org live stream page, you can also view these live streams on the Yates Facebook page, on the free Yates app (available at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store) or your smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, or other streaming device by downloading the “Boxcast” app for that device and locating Yates Baptist Church (click here for an explainer video). Worship services will also be available to view and share after the live stream concludes.
Please feel free to contact us for more details or if you have questions. We believe worship is the heartbeat of any church’s life, and it certainly true for Yates. However we are able to share in the joy of worship, we look forward to worshiping with you.