The Yates Kids ministry seeks to expose children to the Kingdom of God through adventure, learning, missions, service, study, and fun! A lot of the ministry is organic and informal, built around relationships and unhurried time together, but there are many structured weekly and special events that help get children and families in on the fun:
- Weekly Meal with the Sonshine Class (our friends with developmental disabilities and special needs). Wednesdays from 5:00-5:45pm in the fellowship hall. $4 per meal
- Children’s Choirs – Wednesdays from 6:00-6:30pm in the Education Building (behind sanctuary) – Music Making Opportunities for birth-5th grade!
- Mission Friends and Children in Action – 6:40-7:15pm in the Education Building – Missions and service learning; Children learn about missionaries helping to make God’s Kingdom visible in the world!
- Fall Festival – October 12th 2019
- Cider, Bounce House, Games, Music, and Fun!
- Camp Cheerio Fall Retreat – October 18-20th 2019
- Our annual retreat to the Mountains of NC for intergenerational fellowship, sabbath, and worship.
- Vacation Bible School – June 29-July 3rd 2020
- PASSPORT Kids – July 11-14th, a 4 day 3 night summer camp and missions learning experience – PASSPORT Website
- Open Table Homeless Ministry – Various Mondays, Summer 2020 – Kids prepare and serve lunch to a group of individuals experiencing homelessness in downtown Durham
- Hangouts, Frozen Yogurt Trips, Movie Nights, Fishing, Coffee Shops, etc… – All the Time!
A weekly newsletter goes out most Tuesdays with updates, special events, deadlines, etc… email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.