The Yates Kids ministry seeks to expose children to the Kingdom of God through adventure, learning, missions, service, study, and fun! A lot of the ministry is organic and informal, built around relationships and unhurried time together, but there are many structured weekly and special events that help get children and families in on the fun:
- Weekly Meal with the Sonshine Class (our friends with developmental disabilities and special needs). Wednesdays from 5:00-5:45pm in the fellowship hall. $4 per meal
- Children’s Choirs – Wednesdays from 6:00-6:30pm in the Education Building (behind sanctuary) – Music Making Opportunities for birth-5th grade!
- Mission Friends and Children in Action – 6:40-7:15pm in the Education Building – Missions and service learning; Children learn about missionaries helping to make God’s Kingdom visible in the world!
- PASSPORT Kids Montreat, NC – July 6th-9th 2021
- a 4 day 3 night summer camp and missions learning experience – PASSPORT Website
- Camp Cheerio Fall Retreat – October 15-17th 2021
- Our annual retreat to the Mountains of NC for intergenerational fellowship, sabbath, and worship.
- Open Table Homeless Ministry – Various Mondays Summer 2021 – Kids prepare and serve lunch to a group of individuals experiencing homelessness in downtown Durham
- Hangouts, Frozen Yogurt Trips, Movie Nights, Fishing, Coffee Shops, etc… – All the Time!
A weekly newsletter goes out most Tuesdays with updates, special events, deadlines, etc… email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.